The Annie Sloan website gives you loads of information about the paint and how to use it as do many bloggers who have used it and love it. I will look some up and post them here.
This is an extract from her website:-
Why our Paint is Special
|Reasons Why it's Good! |
1. It's the BEST paint for painting furniture by a long way
2. You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain
3. You can use it as an impasto ( thickly) - leave the lid off to thicken
4. You can use it on any surface, indoors and out ( the outside of our shop was painted in it- perfect!)
5. No need to prime or prepare
6. The colours are mixed intelligently and the web site shows how you can adapt your colours for your use
7. It's a girls' paint, but boys can use it too.
8. It's flexible so you can be creative and change you mind
9. The paint can be washed off your brush even when you find your brush weeks later. [I never do that of course.]
10. It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls
11. Extremely low VOCs so it is good for the environment
12. It doesn't form a skin on it when you leave the lid off - just add some water if it's too thick
13. Very little black is used in their manufacture so the colours are mixed with thought
14. You can paint it on walls for a soft matt effect or wax it for a polished plaster effect
Will keep you informed and try to remember to do before and after photos. Very exciting.