Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Annie Sloan paint ordered after much deliberation.

At last have decided on the paint colours to paint some pieces of furniture that we have had for too many years than I care to remember. Have gone for Annie Sloan paints as I have researched it and think that this may be the answer to getting the job done without huge amounts of sanding and preparation as the pieces are in good condition. I ordered it from Claire at Les Couronnes Sauvage in Brittany who was lovely and gave me some valuable tips.



The Annie Sloan website gives you loads of information about the paint and how to use it as do many bloggers who have used it and love it. I will look some up and post them here.

This is an extract from her website:-

Why our Paint is Special


Reasons Why it's Good!

Chalk Paint is a very special paint for very many reasons

1. It's the BEST paint for painting furniture by a long way
2. You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain
3. You can use it as an impasto ( thickly) - leave the lid off to thicken
4. You can use it on any surface, indoors and out ( the outside of our shop was painted in it- perfect!)
5. No need to prime or prepare
6. The colours are mixed intelligently and the web site shows how you can adapt your colours for your use
7. It's a girls' paint, but boys can use it too.
8. It's flexible so you can be creative and change you mind
9. The paint can be washed off your brush even when you find your brush weeks later. [I never do that of course.]
10. It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls
11. Extremely low VOCs so it is good for the environment
12. It doesn't form a skin on it when you leave the lid off - just add some water if it's too thick
13. Very little black is used in their manufacture so the colours are mixed with thought
14. You can paint it on walls for a soft matt effect or wax it for a polished plaster effect

Country Grey and Emperors Silk
Sideboard

Will keep you informed and try to remember to do before and after photos. Very exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I've been back and forth too, wondering if I should order some chalk paint. I have a couple pieces in my dining room I would love to use it on! Good luck! I can't wait to see the results! Also, I just saw you live in rural France. What a dream! It must be absolutely lovely!

    http://sweetsongbirdofmine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as you say it's so good I have ordered some too!!! How spontaneous! But only ordered Old Ochre and clear wax! No doubt we will compare and contrast!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...