Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Recycled Galvanised Jug

Once again in my eagerness to get on with the project I forgot to take a photo of the original state of the jug but it doesn't take much imagination to see it for what it was. I was inspired by John at Recycle Reuse Redesign with his French Flower Market Bucket.

The flower is from The Graphics Fairy. I chose to decoupage it because painting amything galvanised can be a hit or miss affair as the finish can reject paint unless you do a lot of preparation.

On the back is a texture also from The Graphics Fairy with a French proverb that I think you can read both in French and English. Having an enormous amount of twine (rescued from one of our barns) I put it to some use by covering the handle making it nicer to hold.

















Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Love it, glad you lked my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! take a look at my fledgling blog!!!
    http://prattspatch.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to wrap twine around the handle. So simple, yet wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and what a great idea for making something old new again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat! Love the look of that sweet paper on the jug! Great idea! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...