Tuesday, July 3, 2012

At long last a post

It's been ages I know and I have missed this journal of achievements be they ever so small as well as the comments that make these projects so worth while.

 Life overtakes one's desires sometimes and you just have to go with it. Anyway, a couple of ASCP projects completed but inevitably there are more on the way.


French Linen and Original slightly distressed and waxed. However, the top I varnished as it will get all sorts of wet and bathroom products on it so thought it would be safer to do that. I was a little aprehensive as I know Annie Sloan prefers we use the wax but it is fine and I feel more confident that it will stay looking good for longer.


Also French Linen but looks different, I have noticed this with old oak furniture it is not such a clear colour but still nice although if you were trying to match items not of the same wood it could be a little annoying.

I have just finished my first piece in Emperor's Silk and it is a gorgeous colour but not the easiest one to get exactly right. Still it is only on a tray so no big deal. I think I should have watered it down first as it was very thick.





and on the back



Stencils from the book by Helen Morris of the Stencil Library a brilliant book containing ready to use stencils and lots of ideas as to how to personalise them.

Well, hopefully I will try to make time to come here more often. I have just ordered more ASCP paint from Les Couronnes Sauvage a lovely lady with lots of tips on how to use and mix this great paint.

We have had a lovely summers day today and it feels like it may stay for more than a day so keep fingers crossed. 


3 comments:

  1. Wow great to have you back and havent you been busy??!! I love the bathroom cabinet and the little oak one- the colour is lovely. Glad you are happy with the varnished finish, will be doing in my bathroom too.

    I love the colour of the tray and the gorgeous stensils too. I am busy decoupaging at present keep selling the things I make!! But must get back to the painting- however you are having all the sun we are having all the rain and then some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat!

    It's so good to see you posting again, I have missed you. I can tell that you have been very busy. I love what you did with the armoire and the table. Isn't it funny how the same color can look differently on different woods. I love the red tray...a great pop of color!

    Hope you are well and enjoying the summer. I've been reading that the weather has been very rainy and cool there. I hope the sun will be out and warmer temperatures on the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tray mum, funnily enough I saw emperors silk for the first time at friends house today and now on your blog, I think it's a great colour x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...